Regardless of your gender, taking care of yourself is a crucial element of looking and feeling your best. However, unfortunately, it’s often associated with women. You can maintain your masculine image and look better if you work on grooming yourself. Self-care shouldn’t be limited to any one gender, and there are several ways men can become the best version of themselves without losing touch with their masculinity. Keep reading to discover how you can look better while expressing your masculine identity.
Hygiene isn’t limited to any gender. It’s essential to stay clean no matter which gender you identify as in real life.
Here’s how you can look and feel more hygienic:
- Shower regularly
- Shampoo and condition your hair at least twice a week
- Apply deodorant
- Wash your face at least twice a day
- Trim your nails
You will see a positive change in your appearance when you take care of your hygiene. But, it’s time to take it to the next level.
When it comes to facial hair, determine what suits your face shape and features. If you have a beard and want to keep it, get it trimmed to a length that suits you. Maintain beard health with oils and serums made especially for beard hair (as it’s coarser), and comb through it to settle your hair.
There are several styles of beards that you can look at to decide which one looks better on you. Ask a close friend or family member to give you some advice, or ask your barber for help.
- If you don’t want to keep a beard, get rid of the stubble. While stubble suits some, it can make you look tired and unclean. Shave your stubble off and follow up with aftershave or soothing serums that prevent skin rashes.
- When you go for your next haircut, get your nose hair trimmed. It’s essential to keep your nose and ears clean by removing excess hair and using earbuds.
- One of the most important things you can do to appear cleaner takes care of your dental health. Brushing your teeth regularly isn’t enough; try flossing too. There are so many safe tools available in the market that help brighten the color of your teeth, making your smile look flawless.
- As for fragrance, invest in a scent that is not too overpowering but remains throughout the day.
While most skincare products work well on male and female skin, every individual’s skin is different. Either go to a dermatologist and ask them to help you form a skincare routine or do solid research.
After determining your skin type, ranging anywhere between oily, mixed, or dry, you should find the right skincare products for your face and body. Invest in a good cleanser, moisturizer, and toner. Exfoliation is also a must. Use a gentle scrub to remove black or whiteheads.
Look Put Together
When you stay clean, consume a healthy diet, and focus on fitness, you will look and feel better.
The last step is to ensure you dress the part. Get clothes that help you express your identity, note colors that suit you, and purchase more apparel of that color. Make sure you get the right size for yourself. Remember, if your clothes fit right and feel good, you’re on the right track.