One word: Yes! Sugar Wax Safe to Use!
DIY wax is safer than store-bought wax because it does not contain chemicals. You will most likely find all the ingredients you need in your pantry to make the wax.
Here’s a plus point of DIY wax: It is less painful. If you haven’t ever waxed before using household ingredients, we highly recommend you try it. If you have applied avocado and egg yolk on your face and in your hair, what’s the harm in experimenting on your skin? Don’t forget to do an elbow swatch to ensure the wax doesn’t cause irritation.
There are plenty of other ways to remove hair, such as laser and microneedling, which can be expensive. To say that waxing is easy and cheap would be an understatement. The former procedures require a professional hand and multiple sittings to be hair-free. On the other hand, the latter requires no expert and can be done at home, free of cost.
Now that you know DIY wax is completely safe for you, let’s take a look at how to make it:
As the name says, this wax is made from sugar and a few other ingredients. It offers several benefits, including smooth skin, gentle exfoliation, etc.
While a shave is less time-consuming, your hair grows back quickly after it. As for sugaring, it pulls out hair from the root, making your hair grow back slower and reducing its growth permanently.
Sugar Wax Recipe
- White Sugar: 1 Cup
- Apple Cider Vinegar or Lemon Juice: 1/8 Cup
- Warm Water: 1/8 Cup
- Place a pan on the heat and add all the ingredients to it
- Stir the mixture frequently until it comes to a boil
- When the mixture starts bubbling, lower the heat and continue stirring
- When the mixture turns golden brown, remove it from heat
- Transfer the syrup to a bowl and allow it to cool for thirty minutes
How to Use Sugar Wax
- After exfoliating and cleansing your skin, you can apply the wax. Here’s how to do it:
- Use your finger to apply the wax to your skin
- Wait for a few seconds for it to harden
- Pull your skin taught, and then pull off the wax in rapid movements
- Make sure to rip the wax in the opposite direction
- Once your skin is free of hair, apply coconut oil for a soothing touch
Sugaring is a fast process. The residue is easy to clean, and it’s less painful. However, sometimes consistency is difficult to maintain. You cannot store the wax for long because it will harden. All in all, it is still better than using store-bought wax, which can cause rashes. So, you are better off DIY-ing.
If you don’t have the time to wax at home, visit the Student Salon on The Missouri College of Cosmetology campus. They offer various services, including styling, skincare, hair care, and more. If you are interested in cosmetology, call the admissions office to find out how to apply for cosmetology school and where you need to submit your cosmetology school application. For more information, dial (888) 887-1501.